June 1, 2012

Quick Fix: Simple way to cover a logo on thrifted clothes!



 WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
-A ruler or cutting mat with measurements on it 
-A rotary cutter, or scissors
-Fabric glue (Michaels, $6.99)
-A fabric of your choice 
(I'm using a piece I cut off a pair of jeans from Salvation Army)

Step One:

Cut out a small piece of fabric.
 Align the sides to be sure they are all straight. 
 I'm cutting mine into a typical pocket shape so I'm using the 45 degree angle lines on my cutting mat to help me align my cuts. 

 Step Two:

Place the patch on the shirt where you want it and make sure it fits and covers what you want.
Make sure its straight! 

Step Three:

Start Gluing! 
 I recommend starting in the center and working your way out to ensure optimum fabric fusion.
This also helps to prevent excess glue seeping out the sides. 

When you've finished gluing let the fabric sit for 2 to 3 hours or until dry!  
Also, when you're gluing make sure the fabric is on a cleanable surface. There is a higher chance of the glue seeping through thinner fabrics so always be cautious. 

Denim Shirt- $2.99- Goodwill
Dark wash high waisted shorts- $29.95- Cotton On

Thanks for reading, more posts soon!
:)

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I am so happy I found your blog. I have some shirts that I thrifted and love but I just didn't know what to do with the logo. Thanks for the idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! It makes the shirt cuter too :)

    ~S
    SING SIMPLE

    ReplyDelete